First impressions count, and that’s especially true when it comes to buying a new home. Beautiful property photography will help your listing stand out from the rest and can draw in a buyer. It can be the difference between clicking on your listing and scrolling to the next! That’s why it’s so important to put some thought into preparing your home for the photographer who will be taking the photos used on all the online portals. But don’t fret! We’ve got a handy checklist below to help you.
- Move rubbish bins out of view
- Move your car off the drive
- Give your windows a wash
- Tidy away any clutter like children’s toys or bikes
- Depending on the time of year, mow the front lawn, tidy your planters and borders, and brush away fallen leaves
- Open all curtains and blinds – you want as much light coming in as possible!
- Open all internal doors
- Remove any shabby throw pillows or blankets
- If you’ve got pets, use a lint roller to remove pet hair from your furniture
- Remove family photos
- Tidy away any children’s toys
- Dust (side)tables, sideboards, TV furniture, and windowsills
- Straighten chairs
- Some fresh flowers add a fresh pop of colour to the room!
- Tidy your worktop – think about knife blocks, small appliances, etc.
- Move bins out of view
- Remove clutter from the fridge – no photos, receipts, shopping lists, or magnets
- If you’ve got pets, move their food bowls out of sight
- Clean and polish your sink, taps, and other appliances, make sure there’s no dirty fingerprints that might get caught on camera
- Set the dining table for that extra homely feeling
- Make the bed with ironed bedsheets and make sure the bedding complements the décor of the room
- Clear nightstands of any personal belongings
- Remove family photos
- Remove items that may show up on the photos out from under the bed
- Remove posters/wall stickers if possible, especially if they’re personalised
- Clean the mirrors
- Put away toilet paper
- Put toiletries and makeup out of sight
- Put your bathmat away – you don’t want it hanging over the shower!
- Put any used towels and bathrobes away
- Straighten fresh towels if you’ve got them on display and make sure they match the space
- Put the toilet seat down
- Clean the shower walls and door – especially if they’re transparent
These tips will ensure your home looks its best when the photographer visits so you get the best out of your property photography and find a suitable buyer quicker. Eager to get on the market? Get in touch with our Sutton Coldfield team of property experts today on 0121 362 7878 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. In need of some inspiration? Why not take a look at our current available properties.